The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for providing engineering expertise in all aspects of new product development, including the creation, design, and development for all Bryte products. Candidate must have strong analytical, statistical, database and spreadsheet skills with excellent written and oral communication skills, a Can-Do-Attitude and a willingness to learn. The position requires limited domestic travel (5%).
● Research new technology for the incorporation into Bryte products
● Lead all phases of the mechanical engineering development, with a majority of tasks being of high complexity. Conduct functional and environmental testing of new designs to evaluate performance against design criteria.
● Establish the top-level design direction and lead the detailed design and rigorous testing of mechanical parts, primarily using high volume manufacturing processes.
● Generate a complete drawing package (per ANSI Standards) including detailed specifications, simulation, test results, verification support documentation, and bill of materials.
● Resolve engineering and manufacturing issues by providing appropriate design solutions. Apply creativity, innovation, and new ideas where necessary to solve difficult problems. Support contract manufacturing partners during the design transfer and production, as necessary.
● Review development of manufacturing test procedures and fixtures as well as the analysis of test and field returns.
● Work closely with other groups (SW, Operations, and Suppliers) to accomplish mechanical tasks. May provide guidance to more junior
engineers and technicians.
● Lead or participate in mechanical design reviews in accordance with project milestones.
● Ensure product design accounts for compliance with applicable safety and technical standards.
● Identify, evaluate, and implement product and process cost optimizations.
● Identify, evaluate, and select vendors, subcontractors, service providers, and consultants.
● Understand and communicate the economic impacts of product and process changes.
● Design and conduct experiments for troubleshooting, failure analysis, and root cause identification.
● B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, MSME Preferred
● 5 years industry experience, particularly in the design and analyses of production components and assemblies in the field of consumer products and electronic packaging design.
● Experience in roles related to developing, manufacturing, and supporting complex electronic products in a medium-to-high volume production environment, with a proven track record of results.
● Proficient in the use of MCAD design and PLM tools, specifically SolidWorks and Arena.
● Practical experience with DFM/DFT methodologies in an electronic manufacturing environment a plus.
● Analysis skills including Finite Element Analysis, thermal, shock, and vibration, a plus